[thelist] SOAP Exceptions

Tanner Burson tanner at younet.okstate.edu
Tue Aug 24 17:24:03 CDT 2004

>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: User not found and/or the
>password is invalid (0x80040205) at
>GG_ErrorXXReporter.GG_ErrorXX.ThrowSoapException(String functionName,
>COMException comException, String appl) at
>GG_WebService.GGConnImpl.logon(String appl, String user, String pass) at
>GG_WebService.GGConn.logon(String appl, String user, String pass)
>
>I want to only return the:
>
>User not found and/or the password is invalid (0x80040205)

>From the above error snippet I'm going to assume you're using .NET of some
variety.  In this case you should be able to use a try/catch block such as
(in VB pseudo code)
try{
	//code to call webservice
}
catch(e as system.web.services.protocols.soapexception){
	msgbox.show(e.Message)
}

If that still returns all of the above mess then I would just substring the
error message at the first occurrence of GG_Error...

It would help if you could provide a little more insight (or code) into how
you're calling the webservice, and more importantly how you're handling the
error currently.