[thelist] Home Network Configuration help

Jeff Wilhelm thelist at summit7solutions.com
Tue Aug 24 19:53:28 CDT 2004

Chris,

Your best (and easiest bet) is to let one device (the Linksys) handle all
the DHCP stuff.

Disable DHCP on the Netgear and instead of plugging the WAN port into the
Linksys and the LAN ports into your other devices, plug the ethernet cable
that goes to the Linksys into one of the LAN ports and the other devices
into the other LAN ports, essentially turning the router into a switch.

Jeff

Message from  at Tuesday, August 24, 2004 4:54 PM: