[thelist] trouble with the DOM and spaces

Theodore Serbinski tserbinski at washsq.com
Wed Aug 25 15:08:12 CDT 2004

so it seems i've hit a little snag, in my otherwise great script i'm
writing. i have this html code, as formated below:

<dl>
	<dt>some titel</dt>
	<dd>something goes here</dd>
</dl>

and i'm trying to find the nextSibling to the DT. in IE6, it reports DD
but in Firefox it says #text, refering to the hard return there. my
question is there any way around this, coding wise? i mean i could
reformat my document so there is no space but then it becomes quite
unreadable, especially considering it is a very long html file. and
testing to see whether i'm using IE6 or Firefox seems way too late
1990's. maybe i'm missing the use of the function and DOM? thoughts?

ted