[thelist] Issue with 2k3 Server...

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 19:27:59 CDT 2004

Hi,

a) It freezes every hour at that time? Or it freezes at random hours,
but when it does freeze it happens to be 58 minutes past the hour?

b) Are you saying there's nothing extra installed at all? No
non-default services/components? No security updates? No 3rd party
programs (like antivirus etc)?

c) What does the machine look like when it's "frozen"? Does it accept
any user input, or it is completely "locked up"? If it's not
completely locked up, what's consuming CPU etc?

d) Is it possible that the hardware is faulty?

e) Is it possible the machine has been compromised? (something like
TCPView or netstat might help you here)

Cheers
Ken