[thelist] Windows XP SP2: Do or Die?

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 26 07:23:15 CDT 2004

Okay, this isn't specifically a question related to web design, but I guess
it ultimately has *some* effect on web design. At any rate, I'll dig up a
tip later, just in case.

My Windows update icon was lit up this morning and with it came the
notification that XP SP2 was ready for me to download and install.

I was just wondering if anyone else has installed it and if so, have there
been any noticable issues? I figured that asking my fellow 'volters would
make sense, seeing how most of us use the same apps.

I pretty much have the typical web dev setup here, with the following apps:

- Macromedia Studio MX 2004 Pro
- Part of the Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, ImageReady, & Illustrator)

Of course, there's also Office XP and IE, although since switching to
FireFox, I only use IE to test for IE-specific bugs.

Alan