[thelist] Re: Em dashes not displaying for the client

Clive R Sweeney clive at designshift.com
Thu Aug 26 21:22:45 CDT 2004

Diane Soini wrote:
> I did not read the article you mentioned, but my guess was the author
> may have been talking about the actual Windows characters, not the html
> entity codes.

No, he was specifically speaking of the character entities. For example,
his specific comments on em dashes include the following:
* |— -- |roughly speaking, works on Windows browsers only
* — -- increasing support, but not very wide yet
* — -- better support than for the symbolic reference, but
still limited|.

--
Clive R Sweeney
Designshift.com | Durham NC