[thelist] where o where did my notepad go????

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sat Aug 28 21:15:26 CDT 2004

Hi,

Is the problem that you can't do a "view-source" in Internet Explorer? Or is
the problem that notepad.exe is now missing?

Notepad.exe is normally located in: %systemroot%\notepad.exe

You can do Start -> Run and type %systemroot%\notepad.exe to run notepad.
Our first step should be determining whether notepad is actually missing, or
IE is having some problem invoking it.

Cheers
Ken

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lightning" <oktellme at earthlink.net>
Subject: [thelist] where o where did my notepad go????

:I lost my notepad!
:
: I noticed it's disappearrance shortly after cleaning some viruses off my
: computer.
:
: I tried to fix it by re-installing my operating system (XP), presuming it
: would reinstall any parts that are missing.
:
: But NOW, since I've reinstalled, I can't even restore to an earlier point!
:
: It's a bitch when I want to view source on web pages or read txt files :-P
: ..... anyone know how I can get my notepad back?
:
: thanks
: Laura