[thelist] where o where did my notepad go????

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Aug 30 07:51:00 CDT 2004

I was able to switch editors, but the solution wasn't nice.  Replace the
notepad.exe in winnt/system32 with the application of your choice  In my
case I copied editpad.exe into the folder, renamed notepad.exe to
notepad2.exe and then renamed editpad.exe to notepad.exe.

Just like that, it worked!  A nifty side effect is that file types previous
mapped to notepad.exe do not have to be changed.

Not pretty, but it works.  I'm sure something important will now break.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.