[thelist] THE List for Promoting Web Sites

Razvan Pop razvan at cpea.ro
Tue Aug 31 11:19:50 CDT 2004

Peter Van Dijck wrote:

> If we're ordering this in order of importance:
>
> 1. add content regularly (daily)
> 2. use key phrases (not keywords) in html title, h1 tags and text
> 3. write relevant and useful content
>
>> 1. Place appropriate key words about your site in the meta tags
>

> Metatags are almost irrelevant for keywords.

Almost...

I say pay attention to meta tags.
Fescription and keywords are the most important.

They don't count for Google but they count for other SE. Even Google
sometimes takes a description from the meta tag.
Having them there will never hurt.

--
razvan pop
http://razvan.cpea.ro

Afaceri, Plan de afaceri, Consultanta afaceri
http://www.insoft.ro/afaceri