[thelist] Re: PHP image resize

Ilijevski Dalibor dalibor.ilijevski at softserbia.com
Thu Sep 2 03:12:48 CDT 2004

At 09:50 AM 9/2/2004  (Thursday), thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:
>Im just learning PHP so this may be really obvious, I have built a =20
>simple file upload and am now trying to create a thumbnail on the fly =20=
>
>which is scaled proportionally.
>
>On my server PHP 4.1.2 GD 1.6 Globals are set to ON.

Hi Ben,

I don't know what errors do you get. Perhaps you have to upgrade your GD
library.

There is one more way to make thumbnails automatic. You can use
ImageMagick's mogrify
function. The problem is that you must have rights to use exec or system
commands.
My provider didn't give me those rights, but he put  a cron script which
resizes
thumbnails ones a day (which was acceptable for me).

Ilija