[thelist] Hope this question is appropriate

Michael Tidwell mtidwell at t2hadvertising.com
Thu Sep 2 10:01:04 CDT 2004

control a button instance color from database
I want to change the color of a button on a page by reading in a database
entry, and also have the button call a particular URL using it's instance
name as part of the URL

 my starting file is at: http://mbliving.com/WP/testLotPrice.html

 I'm starting to create an interactive map for a client which I want to
accomplish several things. The client has a cold fusion site which allows
him to enter lot numbers for sale, the price, and whether that lot has sold
or not. currently the community has 341 lots - about 30 are available.
 I'm planning on making each lot a button, with an instance name consisting
of the lot number itself. I have a cfm page created which gives me the
following output from the database:

 &LotNumber=#getinfo.lotnumber#&Price=#thecost#&TotalRecords=#count.recordco
unt#&soldyesno=#getinfo.soldyesno#

 I have the following code attached to each button:
 on (release)
 {
 loadVariables ("http://mbliving.com/WP/flash.cfm?lotnumber=248", this);
 }

 where "248" is replaced by the actual lot number. Can I change that
dynamically based on the instance name? Also, if the "getinfo.soldyesno"
returns a "Yes," I want to be able to change the color of the button to red
to indicate visually that it's sold.

 Can anybody help?
 TIA

 For reference, the following script on my main timeline:

 onClipEvent(load)
 {
 CurrentRecord = 0;
 loadVariables ("http://mbliving.com/WP/flash.cfm?lotnumber=248", this);
 }
 onClipEvent(data)
 {
 strLotPrice = Price;
 strLotNumber = LotNumber;
 strPosition = "Record " add String(CurrentRecord+1) add " of " add
String(TotalRecords);
 }
--
Michael Tidwell