intranet search tool (was RE: [thelist] full text search with indexing services on Win2K server)

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 07:58:06 CDT 2004

Is "cost" a factor here?

Index Server has a PDF plugin that used to be available from Adobe.
How well it works, I don't know (I've never had to use it). If you're
going to have someone write down keywords for each file, you might as
well store them in the PDF's properties, and have Index Server (or
some other search engine) index that, rather than maintaining a
separate database (which would then require the file system, and the
DB reference to the file kept in-sync)

Cheers
Ken