[thelist] Web stats software recommendations

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Sep 8 07:40:00 CDT 2004

Tony,

Question that maybe you can or cannot answer.  I'm trying this one out for
the first time and I have a not-too-bad mish mash of log formats archived
for a site.  In most cases the fields recorded in the log files are exactly
the same, but in some cases (generally older cases) there are some slight
differences.  It looks like I have to hard code one specific set of fields
in the conf file.  It bombs out when I try to run it if the log files don't
match exactly.  What a pain.  Is there any way that you know of around
this--perhaps have AWSTATS determine the log file fields at runtime?

BTW, I'm running IIS6.

Thanks.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer