[thelist] SQL to get combo that sums to amount

aspscript at canada.com aspscript at canada.com
Thu Sep 9 18:44:00 CDT 2004

Actually I would only need to find one combination and
then update those records.  There wouldn't be any need
to find all combinations.  That may make things easier
but not by much.  I think the technique suggested by
Joshua may be good enough for what I want to do so I'll
try that.  Also I could limit the quantity amounts to
something like 10, 50, and 100 to make things go a
little smoother.

Thanks all for the suggestions and links.

> And what happens if you have 20 combinations that
total 50?

> Cheers
> Ken
>
> <aspscript at canada.com> wrote:
> > What I'm trying to do is simulate a "stock market"
> > where a user places an order for a certain number
of shares.
<snip>