[thelist] converting dbf to access

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Wed Sep 22 00:32:49 CDT 2004

Although perhaps not directly what you are looking for, we use a tool
called Access2MySQL in order to export our (imported) dbf files from Access
to MySQL. We had used another small script before which exported the Access
tables into a text-file in MySQL format. Perhaps this could be of use for
you...

Stef

>hi all! so i was just presented with this problem. in a nutshell this
>company is using an old DOS styled interface to enter data in to a dbase4
>database. but the guy that used to help them do this is no longer around
>and now we are stuck trying to figure this one out. i've managed to get
>access to open up the dbf files after some digging and i've found their
>data, *sigh of relief* but i can't figure out a way to migrate their
>reports they had into a familiar SQL format (if there even is a way).
>
>so does anyone know of any tools that will allow me to migrate this whole
>directory of crap into something usuable? or am i stuck going in dbf at a
>time and trying to figure out what is good and bad and redoing the reports
>by hand in SQL?
>
>thanks!
>
>ted
>--
>
>News! - Evolt.org conference for web professionals. 17-19 September 2004
>in Toronto, Canada. Details at http://TOevolt.org
>
>* * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
>http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

         _______________________________________

         Stefan Schwarzer
         GIS & Data Management