[thelist] newsreaders and news aggregators

apathetic timbooker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 04:11:34 CDT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:17:51 -0700, Diane Soini
<dianesoini at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Is there a difference between newsreaders and news
> aggregators? People seem to use the term interchangeably, but the
> differences between all these applications is quite big.

I personally hate the term "news aggregator", as it's a
not-terribly-accessible word for an application that simply pulls
mutiple data sources into a single location.  I'd say that the terms
"news aggregator" and "news reader" are interchangable.  The way items
are displayed in the application is simply a matter of design.

Tim

--
Free online RSS news reader - www.hyperlinkage.com