[thelist] Nested-list problem (IE width-fix vs safari)

Karl Jacobs kj at studio.aero.org
Wed Sep 22 17:02:31 CDT 2004

Howdy,

I've got a menu-list problem, and am hoping someone has solved this
before.

The setup:  basic 2-level horizontal list, (using the Sons of
Suckerfish method).

My 2nd level items are wider that the top-level items. (longer words,
can't be helped) About 80 pixels for the top, 120 for second level.

The problem: When I apply the (width: 120px;) to the second-level (a),
to fix the IE6 width problem, then Safari creates some nasty redraw
problems.

(I'm setting the width of the (a) to keep the entire area clickable in
IE, otherwise, only the text is clickable.)

Does anyone know of a way to fix the Safari problem, or another
solution for the IE problem?....

This only seems to occur if the sub-item area is wider than the top
item.

Help!!!!

thanks,

-- Karl