[thelist] PHP - CGI Installation - CGI error

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Sat Sep 25 05:14:13 CDT 2004

Mark Joslyn wrote:
> I have a PHP page containing a login script: username, password, submit
> button.
>
> On ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST'), I run a bit of code that consumes
> a web service, handles errors and if successful redirects the user the next
> page:
>
> header("Location: dRep.php?a=$ggID&s=$ppID");
>
> Randomly, I am getting the following error:
>
> <begin error>
> CGI Error
> The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
> HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
>
> </end error>
>

> It appears that PHP was unable to output anything...
>
> This error is hit and miss - I have read a little about a potential bug with
> PHP that it is too slow to keep up with IIS running on a fast computer (my
> machine is fast).
>
> Has anyone come up with a solution, or work around to avoid this error
> message?
>
> Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Perhaps this is a clue:

"Note: HTTP/1.1 requires an absolute URI as argument to Location:
including the scheme, hostname and absolute path, but some clients
accept relative URIs. You can usually use $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'],
$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] and dirname() to make an absolute URI from a
relative one yourself"