[thelist] Insert Nothing

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Sep 27 14:33:23 CDT 2004

>Why do you want to do this?

I've got a site with multiple domain names pointing to the same site and the
web traffic analyzing software does not know the difference of how people
found the site as to which domain the used through the host headers.

I just wanted to put in place a simple script that added a "tick mark" or
row with a timestamp as the ticker when someone entered via a particular
domain name...

I ended up doing something like this:

if Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST") = "www.SomeDomainNameA.com" then
	set Domains  = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
	Domains.ActiveConnection = MM_web_request_STRING
	Domains.CursorType = 0
	Domains.CursorLocation = 2
	Domains.LockType = 3
	Domains.Source = "INSERT INTO Domains_comActivity (void) values
('')"
	Domains.Open()
else if

The auto_increment is doing it's job as well as the timestamp is recording
when. The only way I accomplished this was add a "void" column and inserted
nothing.

I was just hoping for a way to do this without involving that extra column.
I'm sure there are a dozen different ways to accomplish this.

Rob