[thelist] available fonts in HTML emails

Maisha Walker maisha at e-vent.org
Mon Oct 4 10:30:29 CDT 2004

Can anyone provide a good explanation or resource explaining why a font
would not appear in an email when it does appear in Word on the same

I have a client who wants to use Lucida Calligraphy in an HTML email and on
my computer I can see that font in MS Word, but cannot see it when I read
the HTML email - my version of Outlook Express doesn't seem to support that

All of the resources I'm finding on Google mention that the font just "needs
to be installed on your computer" but my experience above does not
corroborate that.

Any explanation or direction would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,