[thelist] Fluorescence on screen

Kevin Switzer Kevin.Switzer at Stamats.com
Wed Oct 6 09:08:15 CDT 2004

If you're going for a highlighter effect, try a little CSS...
.highlight {
  background-color: #ffff00;
  color: #000000;

From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org on behalf of Chris Johnston
Sent: Wed 10/6/2004 8:56 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Fluorescence on screen

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:44:19 +0100, Chris Kavanagh <chris at logorocks.com> wrote:
> > Try a pure yellow or a pure green. Those two colours have always
> > looked rather similar to a flourescent, highliter marker to me. The
> > best way to reproduce that would be use pure colour and then to turn
> > the saturation up to 100%.
> Stupid question no #4,107: what's a pure colour?

Sorry about that. To me, a pure colour is one that does not contain
any other colour. So a pure yellow is just that, nothing but yellow
yellow - #ffff00
green - #00ff00
pink - #ff00ff
red - #ff0000 (although not very flourescent)

and so.

If you are looking for colours, then I highly suggest visiting this
web application:

It is one of the best that I have seen for picking colours for web designs.

chris johnston

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd

Workers of the Web, evolt !