[thelist] RE: spam?

ANDREA STREIGHT astreight at msn.com
Tue Oct 12 15:11:50 CDT 2004

M. Seyon's illustration of a billboard was good. Lots of great advice on
this topic.

I follow the advice of Seth Godin: don't worry about traffic or even
customers. Concentrate on vastly improving your product/service, progress
more every day to the goal of a mind-blowingly excellant product to offer
those who need it.

To put up a half-baked product and then try to whip people into paying
attention to it and buying it, that's silly. Even if you grope around in the
dark, stumbling around in marketing strategies, if the product is improving
and becoming more richly relevant and helpful on a continuous basis, you'll
attract customers and even marketing ideas or strategists.

Seth Godin, and many other marketing experts, say: just focus on excellance,
and you'll be discovered. The Big Influencers who can help you gain fast
success prefer to discover things on their own, or by recommendations from
other Big Movers and Shakers. If you, a relative nobody, keep yanking their
chains and yelling "look at me! drive traffic to me! endorse and praise me!"
they will hate you and ignore or condemn you publicly.

If you sincerely want to help honest, kind, good people, Goodness will
protect and prosper you to the extent you're able to handle it. You may have
to pay some dues, suffer a bit, toughen up, revise, retool, etc. before you
are worthy of success.

Steven Streight
STREIGHT SITE SYSTEMS
Web Usability Analysis
Web Content Writing
Online & Direct Marketing

astreight at msn.com

www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com  *Web Usability*

www.streightsite.blogspot.com  *Mentally Correct Marketing*

www.arttestexplosion.blogspot.com
*Confused Computer Art Specimen Downslides*

www.stcsig.org/usability/newsletter/0408-user-observation.html  *latest
published online article*