[thelist] Divs not displaying stumper

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Wed Oct 13 11:56:54 CDT 2004

> I've added a rounded corner border to the content div on the page and
> that has made my logo and nav divs completely disappear! They are
> still present in the HTML source, they just aren't showing up
> anywhere on the page.

It's not the background image that's breaking the page (which you can
see if you comment it out).

> The page is at http://www.wcpremiumrecovery.com/indexa.html. A link to
> Layout B is at the bottom of the page, below the footer, or a direct
> link is http://www.wcpremiumrecovery.com/indexa.html?css=b. Thanks for
> any hints or help you all can give me!!

You can fix this bug, which is specific to IE, by adding a "clearing"
element directly after your navlist and logo elements. Or, since you are
using absolute positioning, just move those elements to the very end of
your html markup. After all, what's the point of using absoulte
positioning if you're not going to take advantage of being able to order
the content in the most search engine friendly way. By moving these
elements to the end of the markup, the headings and actual content get
indexed first, which means they get more "weight" in the search engine

HTH

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com