[thelist] Divs not displaying stumper

Robin Hastings robin.hastings at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:14:35 CDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:56:54 -0300, Sarah Sweeney
> You can fix this bug, which is specific to IE, by adding a "clearing"
> element directly after your navlist and logo elements. Or, since you are
> using absolute positioning, just move those elements to the very end of
> your html markup. After all, what's the point of using absoulte
> positioning if you're not going to take advantage of being able to order
> the content in the most search engine friendly way. By moving these
> elements to the end of the markup, the headings and actual content get
> indexed first, which means they get more "weight" in the search engine

That did it - the clearing element, that is. I tried moving the
elements to the end and that made the nav disappear in Layout A.
Thanks for your help, both you and Carolyn - I'll definitely keep an
eye on padding and borders in the future - it's good to know that that
can be an issue with IE. Thanks again, ladies!!

--
Robin Hastings
robin.hastings at gmail.com