[thelist] Access 2003 "this file may not be safe..."

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Thu Oct 14 15:53:28 CDT 2004

I'm having trouble with Access 2003 on XP.  When I try to use a database
that I created (and nobody else altered) I get this message:

"This file may not be safe if it contains code that was intended to harm
your computer.  do you want to open this file or cancel the operation?"

When I click "open" I am informed that it will be open as read-only.

Now, when I FIRST created the database, the error message told me I needed
to install Jetpack 4.0 (or something like that) which I did.  I thought that
would solve the problem... silly me!

I've googled this to death, found lot's of references to the error, but no
fix that made sense.

Anyone dealt with this before?

Casey