[thelist] ok, simple asp string compare problem.

Brian Delaney brian.delaney at mccmh.net
Fri Oct 15 09:04:00 CDT 2004

Thanks to all - it turned out that in my sql db I was using  char(10)
which left  empty characters. If I used the int then the ascii didn't
match the
string comparison. SO I changed the data type to varchar(4) and it fixed
it. Thanks to all

chris at martiantechnologies.com wrote:

>You wrote:
>

>>If I run the first attempt it returns and error: type mismatch
>>

>>>If objRS("adminperm") = CLng(Request.form("txtAPP")) Then
>>>

>Try:
>If CLng(objRS("adminperm")) = CLng(Request.form("txtAPP")) Then
>

>>not sure how your second option works? IF "" ??
>>

>The "" is a zero length string. Concatenating it with the number forces it to type String.
>
>Regards
>
>Chris Marsh

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.