[thelist] marketing

Courtenay court3nay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 22:37:13 CDT 2004

If you look at how we all evolved, it can give you some ideas.  I
realise this is overly simplistic, and there's a lot of crossover, but
here it is anyway.

Men, as the hunters, survived by being very task and concept-focused.
I.e., hunting an
animal for three days.
Women (not being allowed to hunt!) were meanwhile maintaining
relationships within the group, raising children etc.

So the male audience tends more towards concepts, and female audience
towards relationships between concepts.  Does that make females better
SQL coders?  Don't know.

So your "Men's" site would be more about the "What".  Here are the
features, this is what they can do with it.  Here's what it looks
like.
Your "Women's" site is about how it helps them connect to others, and
the feelings about the site, how the site/product makes them feel.
It's more about *seduction* for female sites.  Look up sites -run- by
women.  How it feels, what's the experience feel like.   Pictures of
people experiencing.

Sure there's cross over, but if you want hard-n-fast rules, its a good
starting point.

HTH