[thelist] Regular expressions

ellen kanner mail at kannerkreative.com
Wed Oct 20 09:08:53 CDT 2004

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:49:49 -0500
From: Rob Smith <rob.smith at THERMON.com>
Subject: [thelist] Regular expressions in Dreamweaver (2 pieces)
Message: 8

Hi,

1) I got the Album Creator 2.1 for Dreamweaver MX and it's flipping out
on
larger photo albums. This one in particular consists of about 370
photos. It
dies and says "waiting for Fireworks" when Fireworks is long finished.
The
Photo Albums are not created. By any remote-not-in-this-lifetime
chance, do
you know what the upper limit is?

1 Supplemental) I created the photo album the normal way and it worked
fine.

2) Which leads me to regular expressions. I've got about *ehem* 370
find and
replaces to go through. However, I need to use regular expressions. I
have:

Those are the four known patterns (<br>!@#$.jpg</td>)

Can someone clue me in on the regular expression to clear out that mess
between the <br> and the </td>? I tried Dreamweaver's help and like all
software help systems, it was useless.

Rob Smith
------------------------------

Hi Rob,

Sorry, I get this in digest form and am a little behind on the reading.
If you haven't found your solution yet, try using greps to clean out
code.
I use it in GoLive and  BBEdit - I believe it will work as a regular
expression in Dreamweaver too.

Try

where     [^>]*   is the magic device.

ellen