[thelist] RE: checked boxes or unchecked boxes

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Thu Oct 21 07:57:22 CDT 2004

> Here's another example (based on The Motley Fool message boards):
> When you're replying to a message, you have two options:  Post the
> message to the boards  and Send-email to the author to whom you're
> replying.  You have to select at least one of them, but you can also
> select both of them.  The vast, vast, vast majority of the replies are
> posted to the board and not e-mailed to the authoer of the post you're
> replying to. They default the "Post to Board" box being checked, with
> the other one unchecked.

If I were designing a form like this, I think I would go with radio
buttons: "post message", "email author", and "both" - and I would have
the "post message" option as the default. There are always other
(better?) options.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com