[thelist] Mass virtual hosting with Apache

Magnus magnus at slackware.adsl.dk
Thu Oct 21 09:41:28 CDT 2004

Hi,

I've read http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html on how to do
mass virtual hosting, but I'm have some problems understanding what to
do.

The thing is; I already have a server hosting a few domains with
VirtualHost like this:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName dummyhost.example.com
    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummyhost.example.com
    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummyhost.example.com
    ErrorLog logs/dummyhost.example.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/dummyhost.example.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Now I need to host some 500 more, but it would be great if I could keep
them separated from the old domains. (They are all listen in a file, one
domain per line).

So the part of having a separate config file sounds good.

How can I combine the two?

The old domains should keep their individual setup, while the new
domains can share a dynamic setup.