[thelist] CMS twisties

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Sun Oct 24 20:17:31 CDT 2004

Damien COLA wrote:

>>> OK, I'll bite -- what is "twisty-style navigation"??
>>
> Am I not using the correct term for those things?
>
> i think you would say 'tree-style' navigation or 'expandable
> tree-style' navigation, and i forget some more ways to call it,

Hierarchical menus, Explorer-style navigation?  Microsoft calls it a
"Tree-view" control.  Apple calls theirs a "Finder" ...all of which just
goes to show you: What's in a name?

If his client wants twisty navigation, and he knows what the hell the
guy is talking about... he'll have one more client than I will.  I
would've been giving the guy the glassy-eyed stare, wondering whether
twisty navigation meant curvy, convoluted, rotating DNA strand
navigation or what :-)

-dave