[thelist] [OT] CRT Died - Options

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Wed Oct 27 10:05:18 CDT 2004

Norman Bunn wrote on 2004-10-27 16:32:
> My 5-6 year old Nokia 19" CRT died this morning and I need a
> replacement.  The question is whether to continue CRT or go LCD.  I
> really like running my setup at 1600x1200 and it seems there are few
> LCDs that run this at a "reasonable" price, so I am leaning toward
> getting another CRT.  I really could use some input to make the
> "correct" decision.

LCD is the correct decision :-) Your eyes will thank you for it. An
option for one expensive screen is two cheaper ones: 17" screens
typically give 1280 x 1024, so two side by side would give you 2560 x
1024, or if you pivot them 2048 x 1280, which is not bad at all. You'd
of course need a second display adapter, or a dual-head one, but they
are quite cheap. Three 15" screens at 1024 x 768 would be nice too...

.k