[thelist] Publishing documents

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Oct 27 19:15:30 CDT 2004

Rob,

It is indeed the quickest kill.  Unfortunately, it's not really the angle
they need.  We need to be able to store meta information regarding each file
and a really nifty search and preview interface.  Lastly, the big problem is
batching... when they scan 600 documents through the high-speed scanner,
uploading Doc0001.tif, Doc0002.tif, Doc0003.tif, etc, is not very effective
at explaining what the file is.  The solution I'm hoping for will allow the
user to quickly preview and key in meta information regarding files they
wish to add, be them PDF's, TIF's (ie, scan files), Word Doc, spreadsheets,
etc.  Most important is that it's streamlined AND something I can ultimately
incorporate within a nice web interface.

Thanks.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.