[thelist] Better Way?

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Oct 29 08:29:38 CDT 2004

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:58:47 -0400, Peter L. Schlueter
> > Anybody have a better way to create this schedule for
> viewing on line?
> The
> > client wants to have a class schedule posted on her website.  >
> >      http://209.25.145.20/Realtor/SalesSchedule.html

This needs to come from a database. Just off the top of my head, put the
chapter #, title, start date, and length in a table, then iterate
through it sequentially (looking for accompanying notes as you go;
displaying them in multiple cells as show is tougher; have to think that
out.)

Once the basic info is databased, if you change the length of one item,
the others will just shift accordingly.

If you want the table to look right, &nbsp; or <br /> in each cell, yes.
However, backgrounds, borders, and other table elements shouldn't be
dependent on that; it's just that a totally empty cell is usually
displayed a bit differently by the browser from a cell with one of those
whitespace characters.

It's also possible to put this in an Excel spreadsheet, and dump that or
a PDF of that on the web, if you're just looking for quick and simple.
Maintain it offline and replace as needed.

joel