[thelist] Need Help Validating

Manuel González Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Tue Nov 2 04:01:35 CST 2004

Tim Burgan wrote:
> Aaron Cole wrote:
>
>> The first issue has to do with the image type used in place of submit
>> in the search form.  Has the image type been depreciated?  If so, how
>> can I use an image in place of the standard HTML submit button?
>

> XHTML does not support the attributes "width" and "height" for the image
> tag. To fix this you need to specify the height and width in your CSS.

Strict Doctypes  *do support*  those attributes . They haven't been
moved to the presentation layer because they're considered to belong in
the content domain.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/objects.html#h-13.2

--
  Manuel trabaja para Simplelógica: apariencia, experiencia y
comunicación en la web.