[thelist] positioning absolutely but in the centre

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 08:56:05 CST 2004

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 15:38:23 +0000, alex beston <alex at deltatraffic.co.uk> wrote:
>  Hi All
>
> Im trying to get 4 images to centre in the middle of the screen, so that
> they are in a line. the idea is to put them as a layer on top of
> something else.
>
> Since I cant tell the width of the monitor, if i give an absolute
> figure, these 4 images in a row will be either off too far to the

You could wrap them in a div and give them this style:

{text-align:center; margin:auto;}

Should work in IE and Firefox.

> the images have to ride ontop of a split table so that the
> images are on the dividing line

I can't envision this, hopefully the above will work for that too.

--
cheers,

             Mark

             MG Web Services
             www.mgwebservices.ca

Your Canadian West Coast web site development and hosting solution.