[thelist] Javascript/XHTML Strict Validation

Kevin Switzer Kevin.Switzer at Stamats.com
Tue Nov 9 09:13:09 CST 2004

 Actually, I just got done doing the external method, and it works
GREAT!  It's seems like that is definitely the best way to go, but
thanks for the suggestion for next time!

Kevin S

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Timothy
Joko-Veltman
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 7:09 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Javascript/XHTML Strict Validation

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 13:26 -0600, Kevin Switzer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a page that is XHTML Strict.  I get 4 errors, but I'm not sure
> how to fix them, have the javascript still work, and validate in XHTML
> Strict.  Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
>

> I am getting the following errors:
>

> Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an
SGML
> parser.
>
> 1.	Line 16, column 30: character ";" not allowed in attribute
> specification list
>
> for (var i=0; i<sfEls.length; i++) {
If you don't like the external file (best way to go - saves bandwidth,
because the script gets cached that way), or the CDATA method, use this
instead:

for (var i=0; i &lt; sfEls.length; i++) {

Yes, it looks like it'll generate an error, but it doesn't ...

Timothy

--
"The resonable man adapts himself to the world; the unresonable one
depends on the unreasonable man."    --George Bernard Shaw

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/