[thelist] Win XP SP2 MSIE javascript

liorean liorean at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:07:57 CST 2004

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:30:08 +0200, Kasimir K <evolt at kasimir-k.fi> wrote:
> MSIE doesn't like my javascript anymore since XP SP2... I've got:
>     doc.open();
>     doc.write(cont);
>     doc.close();
> but doc.open results in "Permission denied" error.
> Some googling revealed me that I'm not alone with this kind of probs, but alas! no resolution how to deal with it. Any ideas?

Well, you can read up about the overall changes at
<uri:http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs.mspx>.

You're most interested in the the
<uri:http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx>
page. I would guess you are affected by Object Caching
<uri:http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx#EFAA>
changes. That's not to say that is the only possible cause for those
errors. To make sure I would have to know how you got the 'doc' object
in the first place.

Another document about tuning web sites to WinXP SP2 can be found at
<uri:http://msdn.microsoft.com/security/productinfo/xpsp2/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/xpsp2web.asp>.
It does not cover your specific problem, but I figured somebody else
on the list may find it interesting.
--
David "liorean" Andersson
<uri:http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>