[thelist] Sound in webpages

bubba bubba at cwazy.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 09:41:42 CST 2004

Why not use Flash? This functionality can be achieved with v4 of the
plug-in, and, if the stats are to be believed, everyone and his mother has
v4 or better installed. This would work if you're happy loading the sounds
embedded in SWF files, of course. An advantage of Flash is that you're able
to display loading progress too, should you wish.