[thelist] Learning JSP online or classes

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 10:10:41 CST 2004

Thanks Hassan.  I am digging through  java.sun.com, and so far, it
appears to be the only legitimate source for learning JSP.  I checked
with the local Community College, and they do not offer JSP classes,
mostly just Data Base stuff using MS products.

[Snip Author=Hassan]
"My initial recommendation would be to just install the latest 1.4.2
JDK and Tomcat 5.0.28"
[/Snip]

As of now, I have no idea what JDK and Tomcat are.  There is one guy
where I work that does all of the JSP work for an intranet that we have
built, so I am gearing my learning towards Intranet/CMS work.  I have a
  foundation to build on here, I just need to get started, like you
said.

For something as complicated as JSP, I think a instructor-led class
will be best.  I am looking through these:
http://suned.sun.com/US/catalog/java/delivery.html#instructor

If anyone has additional input, please say so.

Thanks,