[thelist] RegExp in ASP for validating e-mail and URLs?

Alex Beston alex at deltatraffic.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 08:17:40 CST 2004

Joshua Olson wrote:

> [...]
sure. i was a little annoied this guy said "care to share with the
group" and hasnt responded to a private mail offering help.

i think the idea is that he gets the help via his payment of insisting
that its "shared". everyone wins and he does too.

sorry feeling highly cynical today.

FWIW, I wrote an interesting program that crawls the net collecting urls
& mails but i had no interest in spamming. took me about 1 month to
write and it bascially had a stack and an assortment of regexp's. if you
wanna check it out, mail me and I'll send over the code but its fairly
simple, so I wouldnt bother.

I may go back to it and improve it as im very interested in graphs and
graph theory and applications. sending someone a mail they never asked
for *and* selling them something or other like a pill or sex improver
isnt really my bag. So why does this guy from sweden want a "@" finder?

yawn

Alex

--