[thelist] Importing data to a new MySql database (getting nowhere fast!)

Julia julia at juliadesigns.net
Sun Nov 14 06:43:49 CST 2004

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/phplinks/>http://sourceforge.net/projects/phplinks/

 >  I am hoping to move to cpDynaLinks, made by Media Netrix
Ltd  http://www.cplinks.com/cpdynalinks/index.html

Ok I concede defeat. I expect it is easier when you know what you are
doing  :-(
I spent the whole of yesterday crawling around phpMyAdmin, exporting data
to CVS files, oepning them in Excel, dropping tables in the old database
that werent used in the new one, but am getting exactly nowhere.
Finally I decided to try and do it bit by bit, and was just concentrating
on the categories table, where the only fields that matched are id and
category. I dumped these to a CVS file, and attempted to import them into
the new database using both the import data from textfile method, and
copying data from one table in one database to another database.
I keep getting syntax errors, the relevant one being:
     Error: 1058 SQLSTATE: 21S01 (ER_WRONG_VALUE_COUNT) Message: Column
count doesn't match value count
Unfortunately I dont seem to be able to find out how to correct this
presumably rather fundamental error, so am at present, stuck.
Do I take it that I am trying to do things that are too far above my pay
grade at the moment???

Julia

http://www.jewelswebgraphics.com/directory
(the resource in question)