[thelist] User perception

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Nov 15 08:14:58 CST 2004

> Now, is this always so? Is it impossible to make it so that everyone
> follows and read instructions? The bulk of the users seem to get
> everything just fine, but there are exceptions.

Users don't read instructions, and nothing I've ever seen will make
them. If the form requires any kind of training whatsoever, no matter
how simple, consider how you can eliminate that need. You'll never
really achieve perfection, but the closer you come the less time folks
on both ends of the phone call will spend on it.

What kinds of things do folks have trouble with on the forms? Might be
interesting to see if we can come up with ideas on how to 'foolproof'
those bits.

joel