[thelist] Link Rating System - Revisited

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Nov 15 08:34:50 CST 2004

> Why not just build it so that when the link is clicked on, the
> click is recorded in a database?

I see where you're going with that, but I wanted to confirm my thoughts with
you. The links in question are all external. Here's what I'm thinking:

target="_blank">Some External Site</a>

In the database, just record the value for href and when it was clicked.

If this is what you're thinking of, I'd say we have a winner. All I'd have
to do is look at the least popular links and replace them.

Rob