[thelist] User perception

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Mon Nov 15 14:20:25 CST 2004

> I'm a programmer. Users frequently do things that strike me as dumb,
> inattentive, lazy... And maybe I'm right; but the point is that if I put a
> problem down to "a user being dumb" I'm not then able to make changes in
> order to avoid the problem recurring. The problem with the blame model is
> that it makes it harder to fix things. Users will always be dumb and lazy
> and inattentive. I can't change users. I can change my website though.

You're right about this. The question is, what do you do when you've
already investigated a problem inside and out, made numerous changes
that should have made the form idiot-proof, but people still don't get
it? I (personally) haven't quite given up, but I am on the verge :)

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com