[thelist] RE: switch from IE to Firefox?

Robert Gormley robert at pennyonthesidewalk.com
Mon Nov 15 23:22:40 CST 2004

> I'm considering the experiment of switching from Internet Explorer to
> Firefox by Mozilla.
>
> Before I download this free browser, are there any comments, warnings,
> advice I should heed?

Not overly - the tabbed browsing is great, the only 'downside' (LOL) is that
there's no native ActiveX support (assuming you're on Win).

> I tried Netscape Navigator for a few minutes and disliked it. It was
> packaged with my computer, along with other useless items like AOL and
> Adobe
> Acrobat.

Whilst AOL and NN are a bit irrelevant now (it's odd, though similar, I love
Firefox, but not Navigator), it's odd that you should describe the Acrobat
format as useless. What about it makes it ueless?