SV: [thelist] RE: switch from IE to Firefox?

Timothy Joko-Veltman tim at indigopixel.com
Tue Nov 16 07:09:14 CST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 11:22 +0100, Andreas Wahlin wrote:
> I'd say that FF is actually slightly slower than IE, that doesen't stop
> me from using FF (almost) exclusively though!
> I suppose you're on a pretty fast line, in that case there are some
> modifications that can be done to the FF "registry". Like changing
> pipeline and nglayout, google for it or hope that someone picks this up
> and posts some good solid comments rather than my off the top of my head
> ranting.

Someone else has done a really good job, so I won't repeat them; but you
can find out all about it here:

> And just as a tip, my extensions are
> Web developer (a must)
> Tabbrowser extensions (a heavyweight)
> Super DragAndGo (adds great usability)
> Permit Cookies (only accept cookies from a few selects)
> IE view (for the times when you need to go back)
> Resize search box (the google bar is to small)

A few extensions I can't do without:
Cookie Button (button for toggling cookie options per site),
Paste and Go (paste the clipboard into the location bar and go there -
if it's an URL),
Secure Password Generator (exactly that)
Session Saver (saves open tabs/windows, and restores them on restart)
Go Up (navigate up the directory tree ... also from subdomains to main
domains)

I've found that for my life as a web developer, the following extensions
have been extremely useful:
LiveHTTPHeaders (see HTTP headers),
JavaScript Console Sidebar (see JS errors in the sidebar),
LoremIpsum Content Generator (generate meaningless text for testing
forms, etc),
PrefBar (mostly for JS toggling, and easy window resizing - but has more
features, ie: Kill Flash, Java/Animation/Colors toggling),
EditCSS (edit a page's CSS, and see the changes live),
and I am waiting for Request Poison to be updated for v1.0

You can find all these, and MANY, many more at
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showforum=2

Regards,

Timothy

--
"The resonable man adapts himself to the world; the unresonable one
depends on the unreasonable man."    --George Bernard Shaw