[thelist] RE: switch from IE to Firefox?

Ken Chase raskenbo at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 16 08:09:57 CST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:41:28 -0500, "Alan McCoy"
<a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov> said:

<snip>
> Of course, once you've officially made the switch to Firefox, you'll
> then want to replace Outlook/OE with Thunderbird! (made that switch also
> about a month ago) :-)

Warning!

Although I use Thunderbird and like it a lot as a personal tool, I don't
think that it has the same functionality as Outlook (or maybe I haven't
dug deep enough).

If you're just checking mail and keeping an address book, it's fine. If
you need a corporate mail application, it's not ready yet (In any event,
I don't even think that it's trying to compete at this level).

However, Firefox is more than ready now!

Best,
kenbo