[thelist] RE: user perception

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Nov 16 09:14:20 CST 2004

> I've thought of skipping the login and automatically "logging in" all
> users as guests, so that content managers could then log in to access
> restricted functionality. But I know if I do this, several content
> managers will not bother to log in and then I will get emails
> asking why
> the content they submit now requires approval - it's a catch-22.

So, only managers need to log in? Can there be two 'home' pages, one URL
for managers, another for guests? Or, a big button that says 'Enter',
and a 'Manager Login' below?

Most sites have, side by side, 'Create an account' and 'Already have an
account? Log in here:' which seems to remove any ambiguity. Either I
already have an account, or I don't.

joel