[thelist] User perception

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Wed Nov 17 08:00:02 CST 2004

> How often do your content managers need to access this system Sarah?
> Often enough that a cookie-based "always logged in" system is an option?
>
> If I'm using a site daily you bet it'd be easier on me if I don't have
> to login every day. Like checking email, or using MSN (or ICQ). Do you
> have it setup to ask for your password every time you use these tools?

Unfortunately this kind of defeats the purpose of having the login
screen in the first place, especially when some users are on shared
computers. I'd love to make sure users could stay logged in indefinitely
or until they close their browser, but I don't know of any sure-fire way
to do this - that's a subject for a whole new thread, though, I think :)

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com